Call Us

+61 2 9299 4999

Cost of Living & Accommodation

Cost of Living in Sydney


  • Hostels and Guesthouses – $90 to $150 per week
  • Shared Rental – $85 to $215 per week
  • Homestay – $235 to $325 per week
  • Rental – $165 to $440 per week

Other living expenses

  • Groceries and eating out – $80 to $280 per week
  • Gas, electricity – $35 to $140 per week
  • Phone and Internet – $20 to $55 per week
  • Public transport – $15 to $55 per week
  • Car (after purchase) – $150 to $260 per week
  • Entertainment – $80 to $150 per week

Minimum cost of living

The Department of Home Affairs has financial requirements you must meet in order to receive a student visa for Australia. From 1 July 2016 the 12 month living cost is:

  • You – $20,290
  • Partner or spouse – $7,100
  • Child – $3,040

See more on:

Accommodation options


Homestay accommodation provides opportunities to experience life in an Australian home and to improve your English language skills.

Bridge Business College refers you to our selected homestay agencies to provide you with a safe and welcoming home environment.

Standard Homestay Program includes:

A single room, where your host will provide a bed with appropriate linen, blankets and towels.

Your room will be furnished with a bed, desk, chair, lamp and a place to store your clothes. You have the option of sharing accommodation in the same Homestay if you wish*.

Two meals a day will be provided every day (breakfast and dinner).

Light lunches will be provided on the weekend if you are at home.

Access to a shared bathroom (you provide your own toiletries).

Access to laundry facilities (the host provides washing detergent, you do your own washing and ironing).

Fees:  Please contact us for more information

Other type of accommodation

Student Accommodation:

Students have a wide range of options to rent a furnished property – from single rooms to larger shared apartments in convenient locations across Sydney and close to transport and the college.

Fees and accommodation options:  Please contact us for more information.

Rental Properties:

If you would like to have an independent unit or house, you can look for accommodation with the help of many real-estate agencies. Please note that you will most likely need a reference and a steady income, which is sometimes hard if you haven’t rented before or started working yet. You can look at the rental market on: