Terms and Conditions
(applicable to international student visa holders)
Collection of Personal Information
Information is collected on this form and during your enrolment in order to meet Bridge Business College’s obligations under the ESOS Act and the National Code 2007 to ensure student compliance with the conditions of their visa and their obligations under Australian law generally. The authority to collect this information is contained in the Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000, the Education Services for Overseas Students Regulations 2001 and the National Code of Practice for Registration Authorities and Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2007. Information collected about you on this form and during your enrolment can be provided, in certain circumstances, to the Australian Government and designated authorities, and, if relevant, the Tuition Protection Service and the ESOS Assurance Fund Manager. In other instances information collected on this form or during your enrolment can be disclosed without your consent where authorised or required by law.
- I understand this acceptance constitutes a written agreement with Bridge Business College Pty Ltd under the ESOS Act 2000
- I am aged 18 years or over.
- I have read and accept the conditions detailed in the Refund Policy.
- I am aware that I must complete my studies in the time specified in my Offer Letter.
- I am aware that I cannot accept full-time employment in Australia while I hold a student visa.
- I understand that I will be responsible for the full costs of the program or programs for which I am seeking admission as well as the attendant travel and living costs
- I understand that access to my student records in written or electronic form will be denied while fees are outstanding to the College.
- I understand that I must advise Bridge Business College Pty Ltd of any change of address and contact details while enrolled in my program.
- I understand the College will send visa and course information to me via my email account and that I must keep my email account up to date.
- I accept and agree to be bound by the above notice on the collection of personal information and of the policies contained in the International Student Handbook.
- This information includes my personal and contact details, program enrolment details and changes, and the circumstances if any suspected breach of my visa condition(s).
- I understand that my personal information may be shared with the Australian Government and designated authorities as per the above notice on collection of personal information.
- I understand that I may go to the following website and learn about my rights and responsibilities as an International Student https://internationaleducation.gov.au/Regulatory-Information/Pages/Regulatoryinformation.aspx
- I understand that I cannot change agents for the duration of the course(s) listed in section 2 of this agreement unless I receive a ‘release letter’ from my agent listed in section 1 of this agreement.
- I understand that students on a study visa in Australia must complete a program of 20 hours per week. I also understand that Bridge Business College has the right to cancel my enrolment and CoE in the following circumstances:
- Failure to maintain Academic Progress (please refer to International Student Handbook):
- Failure to pay an amount by the payment due date, he or she was liable to pay to the provider directly or indirectly, in order to undertake or to continue the course, in these cases access to my student records in written or electronic form is denied until receipt of all outstanding fees are received by the College.
- The student breached a condition of his or her student visa.
- Misconduct by the student.
- In the case of student default, no refund will be made. Bridge Business College Pty Ltd reserves the right to claim any outstanding fee for the course(s) the student has originally enrolled in.
- I understand that I must attend orientation on the agreed date as mentioned on my enrolment email that I received after my initial payment was made.
I agree to the terms and conditions and Refund Policy outlined in this document and published on the website at bridgebc.edu.au. I accept and understand all the information contained in this document. This agreement, and the availability of complaints and appeals processes, does not remove your right to take action under Australia’s consumer protection law.
Notification of Cancellation – ITEMISED REFUND must be made in writing to Bridge Business College.
- In all cases of a student refund, Bridge Business College will retain an administration fee of $200.You can download our Refund Form here.
a) Prior to the Course Commencement date
- If 90 days or more written notification of cancellation is given before the course start date, 90% course fee already paid will be refunded
- If 28 days or more written notification of cancellation is given before the course start date, 75% course fee already paid will be refunded
- If 27 days or less written notification of cancellation is given before the course start date, 50% course fee already paid will be refunded
b) After the Course Commencement date
- Course fees will not be refunded after commencement of the course
- In the case of a visa rejection, the College will retain those fees for any completed study terms the student has been offered, plus an administration fee of $200.
- All fees (except $200 administration fee) will be refunded in case of Bridge Business College cancelling or ceasing to provide a course.
- Enrolment Fees are non-refundable.
- Refunds will normally be processed and finalised within 28 calendar days from the time the refund request is received. Delays may result if the refunds include OSHC fees due to extended processing times by your OSHC provider.
- There are no refunds for public holidays or days you miss due to sickness or other reasons.
- There are no refunds for cancellation, withdrawal or a decision to change providers after the commencement of the course.
- There are no refunds for any student who breaches their visa conditions or fails to meet course requirements.
- In the case of provider default, refunds cannot be covered by a written agreement. For international students such situations are covered by the ESOS Act 2000 and the ESOS Regulation 2001.
- Tuition fees are not transferable to another student or another institution.
- Commencement of the course is defined as the course start date in the first Enrolment application submitted by the student or agent and not subsequent changes to the starting date. Refunds must be applied for within 12 months of the course start date.
- Where a visa has not been received in time to start a course on the agreed date, the student must contact Bridge Business College in writing and they will be offered another starting date. Creation of new CoE’s will incur a cost of $200 per enrolment.
- All refunds will be in Australian Dollars (AUD) or equivalent foreign exchange value at the time of the refund.
- This agreement and the availability of complaints and appeals processes, does not remove the right of the student to take action under Australia’s Consumer Protection Laws or pursue other legal remedies compatible with Commonwealth or State Laws.
- Students must keep their contact details, address in Australia up to date at all times and notify the College of any changes by logging in and editing/updating their address online.
- This refund policy and our fees charged may change over time in line with changes to college policy or government legislation. The refunds referred to are net amounts only received by the College and do not include any service charge or commissions levied by your agent or intermediaries acting on your authority.
Payment Schedule and Late Fee
- The total course fees for your program are due regardless of whether you take a holiday or complete your course early.
- This payment schedule specifies the amount and due date of you course fees.
- One week before the payment due date, you will receive a payment reminder notice.
- If the course fee is not paid by the due date, you will receive an ‘Overdue payment reminder’ and a late fee of $50.00 will be levied.
- If the course fee remains unpaid 2 weeks after the course fee due date, you will receive an ‘Intention to Report for Non-Payment’ letter advising that your CoE/s will be cancelled.
- If the course fee remains unpaid 6 weeks after the due date, your CoE/s and BBC enrolment will be cancelled. To reinstate your enrolment and CoE/s, a total fee of $250.00 will apply ($50.00 for the late fee plus $200.00 administration fee).