Applying for an Australian Student Visa
To study in Australia, you’ll need to apply for both admission to Bridge Business College and also for a student visa from the Australian Government.
There are a number of steps you must go through including:
- Deciding on your preferred course
- Submitting your application to Bridge Business College
- Receiving and accepting a Letter of Offer/Written Agreement
- Receiving your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)
- Applying for your student visa
There are entry requirements that you will need to meet both for Bridge Business College application and your visa application. This can include:
- Academic requirements
- English language requirements
- GTE requirements
- Overseas Student Health Cover
International students seeking to study in Australia need to satisfy the Department of Immigration and Border Protection that they are a genuine temporary entrant (GTE).
You must satisfy DIBP that you have a genuine intention to stay in Australia temporarily.
Applicants provide evidence of meeting the GTE requirements in their Student Visa application form.
What is a Student Visa?
A Student Visa in Australia is a temporary visa issued to non-Australian residents and is granted to students who are enrolled in a CRICOS registered, full time course in Australia. International students can be issued with a multiple entry visa for the duration of their study in Australia. You can travel to and from Australia within the visa period.
More detail about Student Visa requirements is available on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website.
How to maintain your Student Visa
To maintain a valid Student Visa you need to comply with the following conditions:
- Maintain enrolment in a Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) registered course and maintain satisfactory course progress and attendance.
- Continue to satisfy the requirements of your Student Visa by ensuring the main course of study matches your Student Visa, and that you still have sufficient finances to support your stay in Australia.
- Notify Bridge Business College within seven days of any change to your contact details, including home address, mobile number and email address.
- Work no more than 40 hours per fortnight (two week period) during your course.
- Maintain student health insurance cover for all of your stay in Australia.
- Introduce yourself to Bridge Student Services and keep your contact and study details up-to-date